Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Summer is Here!

Finally some nice days have come and I've deemed summer officially started. I don't really know when the official start of summer is but I deem it summer whenever it's nice enough to bring the motorcycle out and not have to put on a parka to ride it. The bike is in the shop getting a pre-season inspection (because I'm not mechanically inclined enough to know what to look for) and I should have it back tonight!

Along with motorcycle season is mountain bike season. Towards the end of last summer my friend Kevin and I worked on tuning up my 13 year old mountain bike. I would like to go get a new one but I'm too cheap and mine works just great for what I use it for. I finally brought it out the other day and put a few miles on it, as you know, I've been going to the gym, although it seems you can do cardio all day long at the gym and then when it comes time to do something different, you're out of shape for it. Of course, I'm probably out of shape for the gym too. Well, I'm working on getting into the best shape of my life....Unfortunately, I think the "best shape of my life" has already happened but I'm going to try it again.

My friend Gary is in phenomenal shape so I'm trying to take after him especially with my eating habits. Anytime Gary and I go out to eat he always makes me look bad by not getting the ice cream, or not eating the chips that come with the meal. I'm sure you've heard of WWJD (What Would Jesus Do) but I made up my new slogan, WWGE which stands for What Would Gary Eat! Hopefully this'll help me get into better shape!

I'm looking forward to a fun summer of mountain biking, motorcycling, a Dave Matthews Concert, some frisbee golf, tennis, and maybe a few vacations!

No comments: