Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Newspapers and Dead Cats

This morning I sat down with my grande non-fat no-water chai tea latte and the local paper. I try to keep up with what's going on in the world, sometimes I find myself reading yesterday's paper but I figure, if you haven't read it yet, it's still news.

One article I found explained that Socks, the Clinton's White House cat had died. Okay, is that even news? Really, I mean is that what I need to be wasting my time with? Reading about a dead cat. Did I mention that I hate cats? This article (about a dead cat) was rather long and even continued onto another page in the section.

I wasn't about to go searching through the newspaper to read more about a dead cat. I got most of the information in the title of the article - "Socks the Clinton's White House cat dies." Okay, that's all I need to know, actually, that's more than I need to know. I'm kind of disappointed I even wasted my time reading the title.

When I do find myself interested in an article enough to flip through eight pages for the end of the story, I sometimes get sidetracked on the way. I'll usually stop to read the letters to the editor, oh and I always like to read the police reports to see what went down in the neighborhood yesterday, or I might find an article that's not so cocky that it was able to contain itself to one page, ohhhhh and there's a sudoku puzzle!

By the time I get to the page I was going to, I've usually forgotten what I was reading about in the first place.....oh, but there is an article about the Clinton's cat. I guess he died, poor little guy.

No comments: