Friday, June 26, 2009

A Legend Has Died

As I'm sure you all have heard, the entertainment industry lost a legend yesterday. I'm sure we'll all remember his white gloves, his unusually high voice, his love for children, and his amusement park out in California. It is truly a sad day for everyone.

I remember visiting his amusement park as a child during our annual summer visits to California. I even got to sit on his lap once and have my picture taken. As you can imagine, security was tight, and I wasn't able to visit long but he seemed like the kind of friend everyone would want to have. Of course, who wouldn't want to have a friend that has his very own amusement park with rides, games, and unlimited junk food. I think that's what I'll miss the most, running around the park with him and all the other children, just laughing and enjoying the beautiful California weather.

Because he was so famous, a lot of people tried to get at his money by suing him for various accusations. I never believed any of those accusations to be true, he was just a kid at heart. Sure he had a lot of money and fame, but all he wanted was your friendship. As long as the children were happy, he was happy. That's one of the things I'll remember about him, he was the happiest when children were around.

In case you haven't heard, the man I'm talking about - is Mickey Mouse. That's right, Mickey has died. They found him in Peter Pan's Neverland yesterday - a magical place where boys never need to grow up, a place where you think you can fly, some say you can even walk across the ground like you're on the moon. It was a magical place where kids could come to get away from it all and just have fun.

We're all going to miss Mickey - oh, hold on - let me read the newspaper a little closer - oh my gosh, I can't believe I've done this - it's not Mickey that died, it's Michael. Michael Jackson died, so Mickey is okay. Wow, I'm really sorry about that. Okay, don't worry folks, there's nothing to be sad about, Mickey will still entertain your children for years to come. Phew, and I thought we all had something to worry about.

Who's Bad!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny blog! I too, think he was the real mickey! :)
Wife

Plane Jane said...

Ok, you had me goin' for a while there! I'm thinking "you sat on his lap?"....what?! How's training? Are you there yet? If so, you are obviously doing well if you have time for silly blogs. Good job! I'm trying to remember flying stuff, like, "level change, set top bug, flaps one". How am I doing so far? Jane