Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I love hanging out with kids! Maybe that's one of the reasons I have a part time job driving school buses. Kids keep you young, they're full of energy, and often times they say things that most adults would never say.

My mother always reminds me of something I said when I was young. My brother Adam was just home from the hospital and was all of 5 days old. Like any highly coordinated 4 year old would have done, I decided that my 5 day old brother laying on the floor looked a lot like a hurdle, and he'd be perfect for me to jump over. I came running down the hall and hurled myself through the air and over my baby brother. About 1/8th of a second later my mom and I had this conversation:

Mom: "Paul, I don't EVER want to see you do that again!"

Me: "Well, then don't yatch me." (I had a hard time pronouncing my w's.)

Kids are so honest with their feelings and emotions, I think we can learn a lot from them. Watch the video below and meet Logan, he's only 13 years old, but he is wise beyond his years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE that story! Cracks me up everytime!!! I love you!
Wife